One of the most common questions I get asked in the social media circle is, “which social media conferences do you like to attend?” My response to them is, “it depends.” What is your goal when you attend conferences? Are you attending to learn from the panelists, speakers or workshops or are you attending to grow your network? If the conference is really good, you get all the above. I personally consider all of the above first. If all of the above is not an option, I take a look at panelists, who’s speaking and what topics are being discussed? Are the discussions applied to an issue I am facing now or could possibly apply in the future. Of course all knowledge is valuable, but so is my time.
If you’re time is valuable and you’re a busy person, you want to invest your time wisely. I have been in the digital marketing space for some time now, so there may be conferences that I would like to attend, but the most I’m going to get out of them is a few long nights of networking events. Nowadays, I try to spend my time attending conferences that I can grow from. I want to walk away with more knowledge, rather than a swag bag and a party on a yacht. I guess my priorities have changed. Of course, everyone is different. I’m not claiming to be the conference pro, all though I have attended and invested in a few in the past few years.
Why Social Fresh Conference?
So here’s one of my personal recommendations amigas, if you’re looking for advanced social media marketing, attend Social Fresh Conference, August 22-23rd in San Diego, CA. One of the few reasons I’m personally excited to attend are:
- Social Fresh is different. Less than 400 people attend each Social Fresh conference. I personally find it more intimate.
- Social Fresh is a single track event. All attendees in the same room, all speakers on the same stage. No running around searching for the proper rooms.
- Each speaker takes the stage for 30 minutes for their session. Forcing them to focus on specific topics and drop all the BS.
- Fantastic lineup of speakers chicas! Check out who will be speaking below. Click here for more info on speakers and topics here.
Featured Topics To Be Excited About
As I mentioned before, first I take a look at who’s speaking and next, the content. Here’s a few examples of topics I’m excited to learn more about:
- The Science of Lead Generation – Dan Zarella, HubSpot
- The Content Dilemma: Where To Post What And Why – Katie Morse, BillBoard
- Put A Ring On It: Moving Beyond Social Engagement – Adrian Parker, Intuit
- Shared Experience Is The Future of Branding – Brian Solis, Altimeter Group
- Online to Offline: Converting Social Media to Foot Traffic – Lauren Fernandez, Morton’s Steakhouse
So am I right, sounds like a great conference worth attending? #LatinaGeeks will be there to learn and we hope to see you there. If you decide to attend, send us a tweet so we can meet up. We would love to meet you #IRL.
Have you been to any great conferences you would like to recommend to us or anyone reading this? Share your favorite ‘worth attending’ conference below. We want to know where we can meet you next time.
Like this Article? Read Similar:
Trackback from your site.