Nasal congestion can be distressing for children, and can make eating, sleeping and breathing difficult. Relieving this congestion can be challenging, as over the counter cold and allergy medicine cannot be used for children. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends salt water irrigation and aspiration as the most effective, safe way to relieve nasal congestion for children.
Current products available to the public for relieving nasal congestion exist, but sometimes can be inadequate, such as:
- Electric aspirators have too little flow and too much pressure which may cause damage to the inside of a child’s delicate nose
- Bulb syringes do not have the constant suction necessary
- Oral suction devices have variable flow, don’t irrigate, and may still transmit germs despite filters
We were recently introduced to CLEARinse, a nasal cleansing system to review and here’s what we found out.
How does it work?
CLEARinse uses a custom pump system that creates similar flow and pressure settings used in hospitals to clear noses. The device both irrigates and aspirates the nose, making the recommended procedure more streamline and easy to perform.
How does it help a child breathe better?
Follow the following steps:
What does this product include?
Developed by an ER Pediatrician, the CLEARinse Starter Kit provides both irrigation and aspiration for stuffy little noses. No drugs, just natural saline proven to quickly provide relief. It includes:
- CLEARinse device
- CLEARinse single use saline vials – Which includes the exact volume that you need to fill the irrigation chamber in your CLEARinse handle.
- Silicone wash heads that can be easily cleaned in the sink or dish washer.
Why is this such an essential product to have handy?
CLEARinse products allow a child to breathe easier and feel better, without drugs. CLEARinse is the only therapy that utilizes optimal airflow and pressure to gently and successfully cleanse the nasal passages.
Happy child=Happy mom, right?
If you want to learn more, check out this video or visit their website www.clearinse.com