Returning for it’s second year, Digital LA – Digital Women announced it’s first round of speakers for it’s upcoming women in tech conference, held on International Women’s Day, March 8th. Over 300 women attended last year’s conference which focused on how to increase women in startups, entertainment and tech. This year will be slightly different, all though it’s still focuses on the same topics, Digital LA has added interactive workshops, and a track on mentorship, where attendees will be able to mentor young female students in tech.
With so many amazing speakers sharing inspiring, authentic advice and tips, here’s a few sessions that will inspire any female who’s looking for ways to grow professionally or personally:
- Web Development for Beginners – Begin developing your coding skills via this interactive, hands-on workshop
- Women Startup CEOs – Startup founders discuss starting their biz, raising money, building their team and marketing
- What’s Your Brand? Social Media and PR Brand Strategy – learn ways to create or make your brand stand out. I will be speaking in this workshop, so make sure to stop by to say hello.
- My Startup Story – Women CEOs describe their startup story in short 15-20 minutes talks
- Women’s Mentoring Workshop – How to connect with a mentor including breakout mentoring sessions with panelists
So much more…view full agenda here. Make sure to check everyday, as they are still adding more topics and speakers.
Last year, attendees said and tweeted the #DigitalWomen conference was inspiring, empowering, “one of the best conferences ever” and life-changing. There were so many tweets, #DigitalWomen became a Trending Topic in LA in the afternoon, said Kevin Winston, founder of Digital LA.
The conference will be held at CTRL Collective in Los Angeles, Tuesday, March 8, 2016 from 11am-8pm.
#LatinaGeeks is proud to be a media partner. Tickets are available, use code: LATINA20 for 20% off general or VIP admission-http://digitalwomen16.eventbrite.com
After the day of panels and workshops, attendees can attend a private event for CODEGIRL Screening and Q&A with the Director. CODEGIRL film, and inspirational documentary captures the story of several teams of girls from around the world who compete in a pitch competition with finals in San Francisco. This film is a must-see film for parents and young girls, presenting high school girls with startup ideas, who must pitch, code, develop their way for the grand prize. You are encouraged to bring your daughter(s) to this inspirational film.
Hope to see you there or you can follow the conversation on social: #DigitalWomen