Brand usage guidelines:
Whenever you mention us online or in print, please follow the format below: #LatinaGeeks is written as one word with a the pound sign (#) first, capital L and capital G. Example: #LatinaGeeks
The #LatinaGeeks logo:
On white background
On transparent background
- Latinos are the largest minority group in the U.S. with an estimated population of 50.3 million.
- One in every 5 person is Latino.
- The number of Latino-owned businesses in the U.S. is expected to grow 55% in the next six years to 5.2 million.
- Latinos will spend over 1.3 Trillion dollars in this year on electronics, and personal items.
- Latinos are the most underrepresented group in the digital and technology space.
- 76% of Latino internet users say they access the internet on a cellphone, tablet or other mobile handheld device at least occasionally.
- 70% of Latino internet users say they use Facebook, Instagram or other social networking sites.
- Established in 2013, LaLa Castro and Tanya Salcido were brought together thanks to a common passion — the love of technology and all things digital. With backgrounds in marketing, eCommerce, and social media, these early adopters of tech found a gap within the online Hispanic community. It was at that pivotal moment#LatinaGeeks was born.
- #LatinaGeeks mission is to empower and inspire women by spreading knowledge of entrepreneurship, social media and technology
- #LatinaGeeks promotes and reviews the latest gadgets, mobile applications, social technology and supports local tech-startups that women can apply to their daily lives and/or business.
- LATINA STYLE Inc. – Media partner for LATINA Style Business Series, Los Angeles 2013
- TechZulu Final Fridays Los Angeles 2013
- New Generation Latino Consortium Los Angeles Conference 2013
- Digital Hollywood Hispanic Entertainment and Media Summit – Spring 2013
- Univision 34: #LatinaGeeks shares Siri’s strong competition between Google Now and Cortana. Watch news segment here: Siri, ahora tiene fuerte competencia. (August 14, 2014)
- Univision 34: #LatinaGeeks shares mobile applications that could endanger the lives of their children. Watch news segment here: Apps que ponen en peligro a los jovenes. (August 06, 2014)
- Univision 34: #LatinaGeeks shares Perfect gadgets for the man in your life. Watch news segment here: Tecnologia Perfecta Para los Caballeros (June 26, 2014)
- Latina Magazine: Inspiring Latina, Social Media Expert and Entrepreneur LaLa Castro (April 30, 2014)
- The BigTino: #LatinaGeeks LaLa Castro (March 24, 2014)
- FoxNews Latino: La Tecnologia Tambien es Asunto de Mujeres (February 24, 2014)
- The BigTino: ‘10 Latino Techies to Follow on Twitter‘. (January 10, 2014)
- Univision 34: #LatinaGeeks shares Grocery Shopping mobile apps that can save you money and time. Watch news segment here: ‘Apps’ que lo ayudarán en el supermercado (September 05, 2013)
- LATINA Style Magazine: The Visionary Entrepreneur. (August 15, 2013)
- InformIT: “Bringing Latinas to Tech: The #LatinaGeeks Story” (August 12, 2013)
- Nexos Latinos Magazine: It’s Chic to Be Geek. http://buff.ly/16TWNoK (July 2013)
- Living Latina Radio Show: #LatinaGeeks co-founders, LaLa Castro and Tanya Salcido, spoke on the mission and goals for #LatinaGeeks. Download the segment here: http://bit.ly/19KevMc (MP3 format)
- Amigapreneur: Why The Next Google May Be Founded By a Latina That Looks Just Like You (June 20, 2013)
- Univision 34: #LatinaGeeks shares Ways to Protect Your Child From Internet Dangers. Watch news segment here: ¿Cómo monitorear las computadoras de nuestros hijos? (June 06, 2013)
- Univision 34: #LatinaGeeks: Teaching Tech to Abuelitos article inspired Univision 34 Los Angeles Tech Segment. Watch news segment here: Tecnologia 101 Para Viejitos (May 02,2013)
- StilettoGal: Walk a Mile in Her Shoes: LaLa Castro (April 04, 2013)
- Univision 34: #LatinaGeeks shares Tech Tips to mothers. Watch news segment here: Bebitos Expertos en Tecnologia (May 23, 2013)
Speaking Engagements & Involvements:
- Cal State Fullerton University, Winter 2013: Tanya Salcido speaking on “New Year, New Goals” to Alumni Association College of Communications Chapter. (December 2013)
- LATINA Style Magazine Business Series, Fall 2013: Tanya Salcido speaking on “Women Empowerment through Technology.” (November 2013)
- HOPE-Youth Leadership Through Literacy Program, Summer 2013: Tanya and LaLa presented “Connected: How to be a Leader With Social Media and Technology.” (June 2013)
- Digital Hollywood Hispanic Media Summit, Spring 2013, Fall 2013: LaLa Castro, serves on Hispanic Board for Digital Hollywood Conference. (April 2013)
- Digital Hollywood Hispanic Media Summit, Spring 2013: Tanya Salcido, joins Hispanics and Social Media Panel at Hispanic Media Summit (May 2013)
- Digital Media Center Santa Ana: Tanya Salcido taught Social Media Hands-On Workshop. Topic: Introduction to LinkedIn – How and Why Businesses Are Using It Today. (February 2013)
- DigitalLA: LaLa Castro joins Women Entrepreneurs Take the Stage panel in Silicon Beach. (October 2012)
#LatinaGeeks & Brands
- Sony Electronics
- Best Buy
- Pearson InformIT : Women In Tech
- Nokia US
What Fans Are Saying:
- “I just realized that I’m the walking definition of your mission statement. I’ve been fighting it for years, but I guess it’s finally time for me to own up to it. Here it goes…Hello everyone, my name is Stephanie Bravo and I’m a #LatinaGeek!!!” – Stephanie Bravo
- “Great new site for #LatinaGeeks like me!” – Ginger Zumeata
- “I am a huge huge fan of “geeks”, social media and a proud Latina. I ask you to please “Like” the page and support this informative page and share our experiences or if we have any questions they are so willing to help us all learn more about what is going on with technology. Many may think us women do not have brains, well, check the page out! Prove them wrong!” – Wanda
- “I want to be a LatinaGeek!” –Teresa Fritzler
- “Thanks finally a site for Latinas who often find themselves at Fry’s Electronics checking out the latest gadget just as often as hitting the Macy’s Sale. Cheers from the High Tech Chicana, Maria G Hernandez”
- “You don’t know the effect your “teachings” had on me! Thank you! Your simple ideas and suggestions left my mind going in circles….finally someone was able to be sincere and let me know what to do with my blog. In my mind I had the idea of what I wanted, but you finally gave me the answer and now I know what direction I need to follow to grow, to be different and to shine.” – Mayra Rodriguez