When our first iPad entered our home, I knew that I wouldn’t be the only one using it. Of course, how was I to know that I would need a protective iPad case before it spent its first 24 hours out of the box? Chicas, my iPad was dropped within two hours of opening it and now there’s a nice big dent to remind me to always protect the things I treasure. So, in an effort to save YOU from damaging tus preciosos iPads, here are my top five picks for best protective iPad cases for kids.
The Laugh & Learn apptivity case has been on my radar since it was first introduced by Fisher-Price. It has a case that locks the iPad in with little beads on the handle. It can also be used flat, as an easel or you can use the rocker base.
- Textured handle & rattle beads
- Three ways to use the case
- Keeps kids from pressing the home button
Made with soft spongy padding, a sealed water-resistant top layer and a cushioned bottom this special tray is very comfortable and helps protect the iPad from bumps, spills or falls. The iPad is easily inserted into the universal activity tray from the zippered side and fits snuggly and safely in place. The surface is water resistant and the clear plastic cover protects from spilled liquids. Though it won’t fit into your handbag, it will work great in a stroller, car seat or high chair.
- Fits any iPad
- Includes a foldable stand. The stand can be unfolded and attached flat on the back of the tray when not in use for easy storage
- App Gift With Purchase Included
- Surface is water-resistant and spill-proof
The Gripcase has ergonomic handles, a lightweight and a shock-absorbent foam body. It makes it perfect for kids thanks to the handles. And very importantly, you can remove and insert the iPad easily from the Gripcase. Our closed cell polymer foam is non-toxic, mildew and bacteria resistant, washable, and UV / fade resistant.
- Resistant to surface abrasions, mildew, bacteria, UV, and fade
- A great iPad case for special needs learning environments
This one is a favorite across the board. The iGuy is lightweight, made of EVA foam and makes it very easy to hold. You can put him on his two little feet and have the kids watch their favorite show. However, it doesn’t come with a screen film or protector, so you’ll have to get it separately (also available on the website).
- Free standing
- Flexible foam construction makes it lightweight
- Able to use all the features on your iPad without taking him out of the case
The M Edge weights a mere one ounce. Light enough for the littlest of kids to tote around and it even bounces when the iPad is dropped (and you know, it WILL be dropped).
- Opening for rear facing camera and speaker
- Allows access to all ports and buttons
- Push buttons for volume and power
- Finely dimpled texture allows for no slip grip