Who doesn’t love a great deal on flights and hotels? With the year soon coming to an end, some of us have vacation time to plan. We all know that the best rates and deals are when you plan ahead. But around this time, some of us can’t splurge on spontaneous getaways as the rates can be a bit pricey. At least, that’s been my experience. So I started to explore a few apps that I’ve been personally using and have saved me a few bucks. With the holidays soon approaching, I know there are a few of us that need a break from either winter or the holiday madness. Maybe a quick getaway is exactly what you need!
Here are my favorite budget travel apps to always keep handy and why I enjoy using them:
HotelTonight – Free App
For those last minute spontaneous getaways, such as a night out with the girls that turned into a road trip to Vegas! Don’t act like it’s never happened. Or for those sudden canceled flights and don’t care to spend the night at an airport…HotelTonight is the perfect hotel booking app for you!
- You get $25 off your first booking with an android app via Google Wallet
- Book last minute hotel rooms for up to 5 nights at killer rates.
- It’s broken down by showing you the day’s best hotels at last minute prices
- Booking times are from 9am till 2am, with real live customer support
- It automatically opens where you are located & pulls up local discounted rates
- Shows you photos and details of the hotel & room.
- Allows you to login with an email, google, facebook.
GasBuddy.com – Free App
Rather drive than fly? Lately gas has been pretty affordable in California, which never happens. It’s been at it’s lowest since a very long time, which is encouraging me to take a road trip this winter. GasBuddy uses gas price information provided by users to bring drivers together to support the common goal of saving money on gas. Who doesn’t love that?!
- GasBuddy helps you find cheap gas prices in your area.
- You can also earn points by reporting cheap gas prices to help everyone save money in that area.
- Points gives you a chance to win $100 in free gas everyday
- It even alerts you when gas prices are about to go up so you can fill up
- Save money at nearby gas stations you didn’t know exist, search by price, distance.
Skyscanner – Free App
Need to find cheap flights on the go? You can save money and time with Skyscanner. You can search millions of flights from hundreds of airlines around the world – both low-cost and scheduled to find the perfect flights at the cheapest price. When you’ve found your flights, they link you to the airline or travel agent so you buy directly and get the best deal!
- Compares millions of flights across hundreds of airlines offering you the best deals
- Saves you money for cheap flights for your vacation plans or last minute spontaneous flights.
- The Everywhere Search feature offers instant travel inspiration at a deal
- You can plan cheap flights within a week or month.
- Once you found your deal, Skyscanner redirects you to the travel agent or airline to check out through their site. No added fees.
Hipmunk – Free App
This app is kinda like Hotel Tonight & Skyscanner in one app, definitely one the best travel apps I always keep handy! Hipmunk compares the top travel sites to find the best hotel and flight deals. You can save up to 60% off hotel Tonight Deals, free flight fare alerts, instant booking.
- App saves you time by comparing all the top travel sites so you don’t have to.
- You can save up to 60% off hotels with new Tonight Deals
- It allows you to view TripAdvisor reviews, star ratings and comparison of Hotels before you book.
- It also compares hotels, airbnb rentals, hostels, and homeaway rentals
- It also notifies you with fare alert, which notifies you when prices change.
- It also maps your hotel location so you can see where you’ll be staying.
- It can also connect to your personal calendar, used to show your upcoming events in case you need to book a room or flight.
There you have it ladies, my best travel budget apps to save you money and time this holiday season or anytime. Now, where we going next? My bags are packed.