Facebook Anniversary sent me a 6 year reminder of my visit to Barcelona for Mobile World Congress (MWC). I realize that after CES in January, there is a lot of buzz about tech and what to expect in the New Year. The same is true for everything in the mobile space, at MWC every February, however, I don’t see much about it in the news. So, I feel obligated to share this with you #LatinaGeeks, what is new in the mobile world?
Mobile World Congress is the world’s largest gathering for the mobile industry, organized by the GSMA and held in the Mobile World Capital, Barcelona. The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting nearly 800 operators with almost 300 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organizations in adjacent industry sectors.
The GSMA works on projects and initiatives that address the collective interests of the mobile industry and of mobile operators in particular. They are undertaking strategic initiatives across several key areas including Spectrum, Connected Living, Personal Data and Digital Commerce.
#LatinaGeeks did not attend MWC, but we have friends that did attend and we asked them to send us their top picks and here’s what they had to share with us:
Our friends at Tecnetico said their top picks were:
- Vivo is unveiling its new APEX™ FullView™ concept smartphone which sets new benchmarks for future smartphone design, featuring the world’s highest screen-to-body ratio and Vivo’s ground-breaking Half-Screen In-Display Fingerprint Scanning Technology.
- In pushing the boundaries of mobile experience, Vivo has taken its FullView™ technology to a whole new level by introducing new engineering breakthroughs in camera, speaker and sensor elements as well as rethinking the design structure of conventional smartphones. Vivo’s pioneering approach in fingerprint scanning technology has resulted in the world’s first Half-Screen Fingerprint Scanning Technology on APEX™, building on the success of industry’s first mass-produced In-Display Fingerprint Scanning Smartphone X20 Plus UD.
- Capture stunning pictures in bright daylight and super low light.
- Category-defining Dual Aperture lens adapts like the human eye. It’s able to automatically switch between various lighting conditions with ease making your photos look great whether it’s bright or dark, day or night.
- The F1.5 aperture mode finds light even in the dark. So the low light camera delivers vibrant photos late into the night. Meaning your camera no longer has a curfew.
- With Clear Surround Sound Stereo Speakers, Dual Camera And More.
- Facial Recognition · Dual Aperture Camera · Live Translate · Augmented Reality Emoji
- Styles: Midnight Black, Titanium Gray, Coral Blue, Lilac Purple
- The Xperia XZ2’s Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 845 Mobile Platform delivers world-class speed and performance. From smooth gaming to fast streaming, it means no more waiting.
- Discover the world’s first 4K HDR Movie recording in a smartphone2. With more contrast, color and detail in every scene, your movies will be closer to cinema quality.
- The new Xperia XZ2 design packs cutting edge technology comfortably into your hand. The unique 3D glass look is inspired by the movement of light and the smooth surface creates a natural flow with a beautiful, seamless finish.
- Bring you even more entertainment throughout the day, the Xperia XZ2 battery is built to last. Smart Stamina works ahead of time to keep you powered up for longer, while Qnovo Adaptive Charging and Battery Care give your battery a longer lifespan. Wireless Charging Dock WCH20 is designed for convenience. Just put your Xperia XZ2 in Wireless Charging Dock WCH20 and the integrated technology will ensure the most effective charging every time.
Our friends at 24Notion sent us their wow moment,
The 5G Humanoid Assistant Robot
- The robot mimics human movement.
- It receives signals from sensors on a human operator.
- The signals are transferred using 5G.
- Creators hope the robot will be used to assist humans doing dangerous work.
- Japanese companies NS Solutions and NTT Docomo showcased their 5G humanoid assistant robot at Mobile World Congress 2018.
- The robot mimics the moment of a human operator via a 5G network carrying signals from sensors all over the operator’s body.
- The creators hope that the robot could be used to carry out work that is too dangerous for humans.
There you have it, the latest news in the Mobile world. After CES next year, remember to follow Mobile World Congress at https://www.mobileworldcongress.com/ .