Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
Your participation and attendance at any #LatinaGeeks program or event indicates your agreement to abide by this Code of Conduct policy and its terms.
Diversity and Inclusion Values Statement
#LatinaGeeks abides by this Diversity and Inclusion Values Statement and together we acknowledge the responsibility to live these values in the work that we do. #LatinaGeeks strives to make the greater technology and startup ecosystem as dynamic as the community it serves through a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
At #LatinaGeeks, we foster a global community made up of different backgrounds, experiences, identities, and perspectives. We work hard to ensure equitable opportunities for all, regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, disability status, religious affiliation, socioeconomic status, or political views. #LatinaGeeks is committed to transforming the narrative of our community by providing inclusive programs and opportunities to educate and empower Latinas as they pursue technology-related careers.
Conduct and Dismissal
#LatinaGeeks is a community of learners, builders, dreamers, volunteers, and supporters. We strive to ensure that individuals attending and participating in our programs and events- which includes in person and online, have a favorable and inclusive experience. Attendees, instructors, mentors, speakers, staff, and volunteers (“Participants”) are essential in helping create a safe and welcoming experience for all.
All Participants of any #LatinaGeeks programs or events are required to agree with the following code of conduct.
- Uphold our Diversity and Inclusion Values Statement;
- Treat all other Participants with respect and dignity;
- Speak up if anything occurs in at any program or event that conflicts with this Code of Conduct by communicating with an #LatinaGeeks staff member or volunteer, or emailing your concerns to email@example.com.
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Any form of discrimination, harassment including (but not limited to) verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, political affiliation, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, ethnicity, and religious beliefs;
- Demonstrating acts of aggression, violence, intimidation or making threats toward other Participants;
- Unwanted sexual attention, stalking, unwelcome photography or recording, inappropriate physical contact;
- Exhibiting any type of disruptive or disrespectful behavior.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior must immediately comply. Furthermore, Participants who exhibit unacceptable behavior may be expelled without a refund and prohibited from attending future #LatinaGeeks programs and events.
If you are being harassed or feel unsafe, please contact a member of the #LatinaGeeks staff or volunteers immediately. For in-person programs and events, #LatinaGeeks staff and volunteers can be identified by their badges. #LatinaGeeks staff and volunteers can assist participants by contacting venue security or local law enforcement, if necessary. For on-line events, please email us
at firstname.lastname@example.org, or direct message a staff member in the dedicated chat box. It is important that anyone attending our programs and events feel safe.
We value our community.
#LatinaGeeks is an equal opportunity organization and does not discriminate based on sex, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic information, political affiliation, military or veteran status, age, or other categories protected by laws of the state of California.
This Code of Conduct may be revised at any time by #LatinaGeeks.