We Respect Your Privacy!
Information We Collect
- Information You Provide. We collect information about you in various ways when you use one of our Sites or enter a promotion. For example, #LATINAGEEKS requires you to submit personal information when you use certain functions or features of our sites or enter a promotion. “Personal information” is any information that identifies you personally, either alone or in combination with other information available to us. Examples of personal information include your name, address, email address, telephone number, age and education level.
- Any name or email information that you may have in connection with a promotion will be displayed throughout the promotion (and so available to the public) and will be connected to all of your activity in the promotion. Other people can see your narratives, comments, and feedback. You also have the option to publicly display your full name.
- When you visit our site, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you visit our site your computer’s operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before our site are logged automatically. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our sites.
- Web Beacons. We may collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our sites or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
- Local Shared Objects. We may use local shared objects, also known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences such as volume control or to display content based upon what you view on our sites to personalize your visit. Third party partners provide certain features on our sites and display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity using Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and way in which data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser usually will not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for certain Flash cookies click here:
We use your information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
How We Use Your Personal Information
- a. We use the personal information we collect through for the purposes described in this policy or disclosed to you through in the applicable rules for that specific promotion. For example, we may use your information to:
- to communicate promotion-related information to you;
- to notify you in the event you are declared a promotion winner;
- to provide the information or services you request;
- for security, credit or fraud prevention purposes;
- to provide you with a personalized experience when you use one of our site or enter a promotion;
- to contact you with information and notices we believe will be of interest to you;
- to invite you to participate in surveys and provide feedback to us;
- to better understand your needs and interests;
- to improve the content, functionality and usability of our site; and
- to improve our services.
- Administrative Messages. #LatinaGeeks may also use your personal information to periodically email you with administrative messages.
- Marketing. We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
Will you share this information with any other parties?
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Site Visitors. Any information you post to our site, including, without blog comments, will be viewable on our site.
- #LatinaGeeks Chapters. We may share your information with your local #LatinaGeeks chapter.
- #LatinaGeeks Recruitment Platform. The personal information provided by job seekers on their #LatinaGeeks Recruitment Platform profiles may be shared with potential employers. Depending on the subscription package purchased, employers may be able to search for job seekers and receive recommendations of applicants for job openings.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to service providers who perform functions on our behalf. The service providers include, for example, the administrator of skills tests and as explained, job seekers choose whether or not to share their test results.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company/non-profit, if some or all of our assets are transferred to another entity, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information with third parties.
How we will protect your information?
We take commercially reasonable precautions and have implemented commercially reasonable technical measures intended to protect against the risks of unauthorized access to, erroneous disclosure of, and unlawful interception of personal information submitted via our sites or in connection with any promotion. However, your email transmissions and/or other communications containing personal information may be unlawfully intercepted or accessed by third parties and/or the website may be subject to hostile network attacks or administrative errors. We cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information transmitted over the Internet.
For the avoidance of doubt, WE expressly disclaim any representation or warranty, whether express or implied, with respect to ensuring, guaranteeing or otherwise offering any definitive promise of security in connection with your PERSONAL Information.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Last Updated set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically.
If we make any changes to this policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our site, or by emailing your email address of record with us.
If you are a resident of Europe, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information on this website.
Additionally, if you are a resident of Europe we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example, if you make an order of a product listed on this website), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to the United States.
Nonprofits are exempt for CCPA regulations.