#LatinaGeeks is proud to partner with Cox Communications — together we present an enriching virtual opportunity for Latinas who want to learn cloud computing.
Cloud computing is the delivery of computing resources and services over the internet. Cloud computing enables businesses, small and large, to run more efficiently. Some cloud providers include Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and the Google Cloud Platform. Each of these providers is responsible for the physical hardware needed for your work while you only pay for the resources you need. All of this helps lower operating costs and allows for scale as your business grows and changes.
According to an analysis of Indeed job data, employer demand for cloud computing roles, including infrastructure, security, architecture, and engineering, rose almost 33% in the last three years. But job seeker interest in these positions, which has risen almost 108% in the same period, still falls short of meeting demand. Most cloud-related job search and posting activity relate to the biggest cloud providers: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and Google Cloud Platform, with related keyword searches jumping 223% in the last three years. Job listings for positions relating to the major providers increased by 101% in the same time
This multi-series webinar will highlight the value and demonstrate the power of cloud computing for beginners. A person in ANY job field can benefit from this knowledge as cloud computing is a fast-growing niche. With the world relying on tech so heavily as we progress, this is a skill that will supplement and benefit your tech career.
In part one of the two-part webinar, we will cover:
- Cloud computing fundamentals such as discussing the multiple cloud models and defining cloud services
- The difference between the public cloud, private cloud, and a hybrid
- Exploring and defining cloud services such as IaaS, PaaS and SaaS – we’ll discuss how these differ and when they’re used
- Live demo of a Microsoft cloud computing service
No experience required to attend the workshop, as this is an intro-level session.
Instructors and Presenters
- Paula Zamudio, Public Affairs Manager at Cox Communications – Presenter
- Samantha Huerta, Customer Engineer at Microsoft – Instructor
This will be a live session, be prepared to participate, and ask our instructors questions.
Recommendations and Requirements
- All #LatinaGeeks members will receive an email before the event to join the link on the browser to access the webcast.
- Recommended browsers: For the best experience, please use one of these browsers Edge, New Chromium Edge, and Chrome.
- Must be a #LatinaGeeks member to access the webinar. Registration is free, sign up here (LINK).
Information for part two of this webinar will be announced at a later date. You do not have to attend part one — though it is highly recommended — to attend part two.
Twitter: @coxcalifornia | FB/IG: @coxcommunications