#LatinaGeeks partnered with SoCalGas on April 13th for an interactive workshop “Learn to Rock your Next Interview.”
Shakeh Kalantarmoradian and Evelyn Le, participants in the SoCalGas and SDG&E IT Associate and Internship Program provided guidance and resume building as well as helpful interviewing tips to be ready for a job application process. Attendees were given insight into what makes a resume stand out and got the chance to practice running through sample interview questions using the SHARE model.
The team shared important tips about resumes:
- It is the first thing hiring managers see. It is a reflection of you!
- Be specific on your resume with projects and results
- Match your qualifications with what is specified in the job description.
- Include keywords from the job description in your own resume
Some other key takeaways included:
- Be specific and give examples and outcomes
- Be authentic and show your true self
- Be transparent with your responses – let interviewers know more about you
Participants also had the opportunity to practice answering interview questions and prompts and receive feedback from instructors and other attendees.
The SDG&E Team spoke about their IT Associate Program, which is a three 9-month rotation-based program where associates are full-time employees and receive practical on-the-job training in areas of their interest.
Check out these resources for SDG&E’s IT Associate and Internship Program:
- The link includes a video on resume and interview tips!
Special thanks to our instructors and sponsors for the wonderful partnership and support from SoCalGas & SDG&E!
Be sure to follow SoCalGas and SDG&E on their social media accounts: