#LatinaGeeks partnered with Amazon Jobs on June 15th for a discussion on “The Art of Landing Your Dream Job”. Katie Thomas and Damien Jaress from Amazon Jobs joined us for a discussion around crafting your resume and LinkedIn to be application-ready for a job at Amazon. They even conducted a mock-interview to give you an inside look into how Amazon structures interviews. So many insights were shared from Amazon Jobs to our #LatinaGeeks community, you can check out the replay above.
Some inspiring key takeaways from the session:
- Amazon follows a STAR model: Situation, Task, Action, Result. This is how you should structure your answers during the interview.
- Some hiring managers will look for key skills, it’s important to highlight your soft skills – these are just as important as technical skills.
- Use your resume to also highlight your certifications, what it is and when it was obtained.
- Structure your resume so they key points to the position you’re applying to show up front.
- Hiring managers will focus on your 1-2 most recent roles and what you’ve accomplished in the role itself. At Amazon, hiring managers want to see specific data points, pivotal deliverables and/or impact that you’ve had.
- On your resume, it’s recommended to group technical or soft skills into a paragraph, shrink it to a very small size and make the text white. This will allow search engines and recruiting platforms to find your resume.
We want to thank the Amazon Jobs team for providing such valuable insight and tips on preparing to apply at Amazon.
Some resources to help you get started:
Our sponsor company is also always looking for qualified candidates to join their team; we encourage you to explore their open roles below as well as some of the resources they shared during the session:
Amazon Jobs: https://www.amazon.jobs/en
Interviewing at Amazon: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/landing_pages/interviewing-at-amazon
System Design video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9FulQt84c0
Stack Overflow https://stackoverflow.com/
Remote Tech Jobs https://www.remotetechjobs.com/
Mashable Job Boards: https://jobs.mashable.com/